Inlays & Onlays Near You
We provide inlays and onlays in NW Calgary to patients suffering from tooth decay. This aesthetic alternative to fillings, allows your teeth to maintain their natural appearance. An inlay is the filling that is placed inside the tooth once it is cleaned. The onlay is the sealant that is applied to the surface of the tooth. Both inlays and onlays serve to decrease tooth decay and improve the health and cleanliness of the teeth. Inlays and onlays are custom-made from porcelain, gold or resins.
The procedure for inlays and onlays will require patients to schedule two appointments at our NW Calgary dental clinic. During the first visit, the teeth are cleaned and impressions are taken. These are sent to the dental laboratory and are used for the fabrication of your inlay or onlay.
At the second visit, the inlay or onlay is placed into your teeth and cemented. To ensure the restoration fits precisely and comfortably, your NW Calgary dentist will evaluate your teeth and bite.
There are many benefits to receiving inlays and onlays near you, which include the following:
- Quality: Inlays and onlays are only crafted using high-quality materials.
- Durable: Inlays and onlays are extremely strong; they are made from more durable material than dental fillings and crowns. Inlays and onlays are regarded as a long-term solution for fixing teeth.
- Tooth preservation: Inlays and onlays can treat tooth decay without requiring extensive removal of the tooth’s natural structure.
- Fit: Temperature changes can cause dental fillings to expand and contract after placement. Inlays and onlays on the other hand, are custom-fit to the individual before they are placed in the mouth, thereby providing a better fit.
- Colour: When compared to the material used to design dental fillings and crowns, inlays and onlays are more stain-resistant.
- Hygiene: Inlays and onlays in NW Calgary, AB T3G 0E2 are easier to clean and maintain. Once again, this is because they are custom-fit, which means bacteria is less likely to enter the affected area post-treatment.
Are you interested in receiving inlays and onlays in Royal Oak? Schedule a consultation with us to see if you’re eligible!