Why We Offer Dental Crowns Near You
A ceramic crown or a tooth-shaped “cap” is placed over a tooth to conceal it and restore its original, shape, size, strength and function. When cemented into place, a ceramic crown completely encases the entire visible portion of the tooth, thus improving its appearance. We have happy to offer dental crowns near you.
Why Is a Dental Crown Needed
Patients may visit our NW Calgary dental clinic for a ceramic crown if:
- They have a weakened tooth that requires protection. For example, the tooth may have sustained damage due to tooth decay. In which case, a dental crown can hold together parts of the cracked tooth and prevent it from breaking.
- They already have a tooth that is broken or severely worn down.
- They have a tooth with a large filling. Dental crowns near you can cover and support a tooth that has very little remaining structure.
- To anchor a bridge in place.
- To cover a tooth that is misshapen or severely discoloured.
- To conceal a dental implant.
- To cosmetically enhance a tooth.
- Children may also require dental crowns, which are placed on primary (baby) teeth. Our dentist in NW Calgary, AB T3G 0E2 can use a dental crown on a child’s tooth if:
- They have a tooth with extensive damage that can’t support a filling.
- They struggle to maintain a daily oral hygiene routine and their tooth is at high risk for decay.
All-Ceramic Dental Crowns in NW Calgary
While there are multiple types of dental crowns available, all-ceramic dental crowns look completely life-like. This is because they are made from pure ceramic, which reflects light the same way natural teeth do. All-ceramic crowns near you are a great solution for patients who want the most high-tech, natural-looking restoration available. In addition, they are a suitable option for patients with metal allergies and can be used for both front and back teeth.
Dental Crowns Near You
Dental crowns are used to address damaged teeth, and they also prevent your teeth from being extracted. Dental crowns also offer preventative and cosmetic benefits. You may need dental crowns if you have:
- A broken or fractured tooth
- Tooth decay
- Need to seal a treated tooth from root canal therapy
- Acquired dental implant
- Discolored tooth
- A weak tooth that requires protection
- Misshapen tooth
Dental crowns are recommended when there is no other viable treatment option available. This is important to note since your dentist will need to permanently alter the tooth to fit the crown securely in place. If you are interested in receiving dental crowns in NW Calgary, contact our dental clinic today to schedule a consultation!
When receiving dental crowns, the procedure is completed within two appointments. The first appointment will consist of your dentist reshaping your tooth and taking impressions. These impressions will be used to create your custom crowns! Your custom crowns will be made to match your natural tooth size, shape, and color. Since the fabrication process can take a couple of weeks, your dentist will insert a temporary crown in the meantime to protect your tooth.
During the second visit, your dentist will permanently cement the crown to your tooth. Doing so will restore the original appearance and function.
If you are interested in receiving dental crowns in NW Calgary, contact us today to schedule a consultation. At Royal Vista Dental, we strive to provide our patients with high-quality dental services.